How do you stop being hard on yourself when you’re committing errors inside the court?
In this week’s tennis psychology podcast, mental game of tennis expert, Dr. Patrick Cohn answers a question from Barry.
Here’s what Barry had to say about his game:
“How can I stop being so hard on myself and getting so frustrated when I miss shots? I’m a 3.5 player and love the game. When others miss shots or hit unforced errors I’m super encouraging and positive, but when I do it it’s like I am so hard on myself, which effects my performance.”
Listen to the podcast to hear what Dr. Cohn has to say about staying calm and keeping your focus on the game and not letting the frustration take control.
Resources for Athletes, Coach, and Tennis Parents
- Learn about Mental Game Coaching For Athletes
- Download our a FREE Mental Toughness Report
- Read our Sports Psychology Articles
- Check out our ports Psychology Audio ProgramsS
- Check out Tennis Confidence 2.0 Audio program