Thanks For Exploring Mental Coaching With Us
What is Mental Coaching?
Mental game coaching can help athletes develop mental toughness to improve their skills and overcome mental barriers, such as confidence, concentration (focus) or lack of composure. To become mentally tough, you need to learn how to replace unhealthy attitudes and beliefs and replace them with healthy ones in order to achieve your peak performance.
The goal of mental game coaching is to teach athletes to be more confident, improve their focus, stay composed under pressure, practice more efficiently and develop better service and pregame routines.
How do I Know if I would Benefit From Mental Coaching?
As a tennis player, if you notice that you perform well in practice but freeze up in competition, struggle to cope with the pressure of competition, become easily distracted or have difficulty with performance anxiety or fear of failure, these are all good indications that you would benefit from mental coaching to improve your mental toughness on the court.
With the help of mental training, you can improve your confidence, maintain greater composure, have a keener concentration due to your ability to cope with distractions and enter the zone faster and stay there longer.
Do You Work With Young Athletes?
We generally work with tennis players who are 12 years old and up in identifying the areas that are holding back their performance. Our training will also help parents learn mental game skills, practice routines and communication skills to positively impact their child’s tennis performance.
In some cases, we will offer coaching for athletes 10 and up for juniors playing nationals.
The best way to know if your child would benefit from mental coaching is to call our office and set up a complimentary 15-min session with one of our coaches.
How Does Mental Coaching Work?
If you think you would benefit from mental game coaching in tennis, here is what you can expect to receive from one of our expert mental coaches:
- You first can choose to participate in a free 15-min introductory consultation to discuss how mental training can enhance you (or your tennis players’) performance in tennis. We will determine which mental coaching program will fit you best.
- You’ll receive our Student Intake Forms and the Tennis Players’ Mental Aptitude Profile (TMAP) via email to thoroughly assess your mental game. You’ll complete these forms and send them to us to schedule your first session.
- After we have received your forms, you are ready to get started! You’ll meet with us once a week for 45-55 minutes in person, via phone, Zoom, FaceTime or Skype (unless you signed up for a Gold program).
- You’ll receive a Mental Game Plan outlining the steps for your mental game improvement.
- We’ll ask you to complete the Tennis Confidence Audio & Workbook Program to help you prepare for each session and get the most out of your mental training.
- During our mental coaching sessions, one of our mental coaches will work with you one-on-one to improve your mental game and performance in tennis.
Do you Certify Mental Game Coaches or Sports-Psychologists-in-Training?
If you are a coach or trainer who wishes to become certified as a Mental Game Coach, we offer our exclusive Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) certification training program.
In this program you can learn sports psychology techniques and skills that will give your athletes the tools to maximize their potential.
How Can I Contact You About Mental Coaching?
We are thrilled to hear that you want to take the next step to improve your mental toughness in tennis!
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our mental training, please call our office at 888-742-7225.
Our office hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F (eastern time).
We look forward to speaking to you about our mental coaching options and how we can help you reach your goals!
Your Mental Coaches,
Patrick Cohn, Ph.D. & Jaclyn Ellis, M.S.
Sports Psychology for Tennis
by Peak Performance Sports, LLC