Help Young Athletes Kick Perfectionism
We’ve identified perfectionism and fear of failure as the number one challenge for sports parents and their young athletes. We’ve created a new program to help sports parents and their young athletes kick perfectionism.
Our new program is called: “Sports Parents’ Top Dilemma: Helping Young Athletes Kick Perfectionism and Fear of Failure.“
- A 23-page e-book that identifies the challenge, explains why it is harmful to young athletes (but also very common), and gives in-depth, step-by-step “sports psychology” tips for helping kids.
- A 21-page kids’ sports psychology workbook that is intended to help your kids identify beliefs and expectations that are the root of perfectionism. It will also help them develop strategies to play more freely with less fear in competition.
- An audio interview with Dr. Patrick Cohn that explains why perfectionism and fear of failure are your Number One challenge–and what you can do about them.
- An important checklist explaining how you as sports parents should prepare your sports kids for games or competition-including how to deal with kids’ perfectionism, fear of failure and tendency to be so hard on themselves.
- A previously recorded teleclass with Dr. Patrick Cohn and Lisa Cohn which they answered parents questions about how to help their kids overcome perfectionism and fear of failure.
Related Tennis Psychology Articles
- How Top Tennis Players Use Goals to Improve Play
- Helping to Improve Motivation in Tennis
- Djokovic’s Mental Game Keys to Tennis Success
- Download our a FREE Tennis Psychology Report
Improve Your Mental Game for Tennis
Tennis Confidence 2.0
“Tennis Confidence: Mental Game Strategies for Tournament Players” is an audio and workbook program to help tennis players, coaches, and instructors improve the mental game of tennis is just 10 easy to learn sessions. Tennis Confidence: Mental Game Strategies for Tournament Players Audio and Workbook program is ideal for any junior, collegiate, and tour professional player. Tennis coaches and instructors would also be wise to teach the strategies “Tennis Confidence.”
Tennis Confidence is a complete mental training program developed Peak Performance Sports. You learn the same strategies Dr. Cohn teaches his tennis players to help them improve mental toughness and consistency – from managing unrealistic expectations to coping with perfectionism.