Focus on the Shot that You want to Hit
Are you the tennis player that tends to worry about double-faulting and thus go ahead and execute that double fault?
In this week’s tennis psychology podcast, mental game of tennis expert, Dr. Patrick Cohn answers a question from John. Here’s what he had to say about his game:
JOHN: “I don’t have confidence in my ability to make serves. I worry about making double faults. And thus, I’m fearing making them double faults. All I think about on my second serve is don’t double fault this game away.”
Listen to the podcast to hear what Dr. Cohn says about how to focus your mind on the shot that you want to hit rather than the possible mistake that you can commit.
Resources for Athletes, Coaches, and Sports Parents
- Download our a FREE Mental Toughness Report
- Read more Tennis Psychology Articles.
- Learn about Mental Game Coaching For Athletes
- Subscribe to The Tennis Psychology Podcast on iTunes
- Subscribe to The Tennis Psychology Podcast on Spotify
Leave a Reply